The following is a general list of required inspections. Your project may require some or all of the following. It is the applicant's responsibility to schedule inspections as required.
To schedule an inspection, call the Building and Zoning Department at 552-8425 not less than 48 hours before the inspection is required.
Often this inspection will be made prior to approval of your building permit, so have the parcel staked out before submitting the application.
Before calling for a footing inspection:
- Have excavation complete
- Have footing forms laid out and ready to pour concrete
Foundation / Backfill (Approximately 8 Days After Pouring)
The following should be complete:
- Forms stripped off and foundation walls cured
- Damp-proofing applied and visible to the footing
- Perimeter of foundation tiled to point of distribution - tiles covered with gravel
Water Service & Sanitary Sewer Hook-Up
Electric Service Inspection
Under Floor Plumbing (Before Basement Slab)
Framing & Wiring
- The following should be complete:
- Conduit / wiring must remain exposed
- No insulation or drywall applied
- All Firestops in place at this inspection
- Remote water meter reader (and installation)
11th & 12th Inspections
Final Plumbing & Occupancy Inspections
The following must be complete:
- All work of life-safety nature, only cosmetic items of work will be allowed to be incomplete.
To schedule an inspection, phone the building & zoning department at 552-8425 not less than 48 hours before the inspection is required.
Under floor plumbing
- Final plumbing inspection - to be completed before final occupancy inspection
If work is not ready when the inspector arrives for a scheduled inspected, a repeat inspection fee will be charged.