This stone church was built in 1868 and is the oldest church building in Plano. It served as the first home to the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ if the Latter Day Saints. Plano was the world headquarters of the church from 1866 until 1881. During these years Joseph Smith, who had become President of the church in 1860 lived in Plano.
The Plano Stone Church, 2001. In 1974 this church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.